Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net> on 2003/04/03 17:01:58 UTC

Custom Policy file

Hi!
I want to use JAAS for authorization in a web-application that runs under
Tomcat4.1.
I don't want to put my policy file neither in java_home/jre/security neither
in user.home directories (because I think it's not correct). So I am forced
to create my own implementation of java.security.Policy, that parses my
policy file.
But java.security.Policy is core class and it is loaded by Primordial Class
Loader. And if I replace default Policy by own implementation than all web
applications will get my implementation of Policy when they invoke
Policy.getPolicy().
Am I right?
How can I populate my policy permissions in web environment?