Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/07 20:00:41 UTC

Re: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download

A gentle reminder that Sept. 12th is approaching.

I am +1 on this RC: I have done some basic checking in a dev cluster and
everything was working.

Have a nice weekend.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reminder, Stack.

I have copied the security tar ball to hbase-0.92.2-rc1 directory.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Pardon my math.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Tried out the 0.92.2 RC1.

Started one Master and two RS.  Inserted data, scanned the data.  Issued
split operations.
Restarted RS, restarted Master, split logs worked fine - got back the data.
These are the steps we carried out to test the RC.  Thanks to RajeshBabu for
helping out in this test.

So +1 from my side on the RC.

Regards
Ram

Posted by yu...@gmail.com.
Thanks Ram and Rajesh for your work.

I think we have 3 binding +1's

I will make the announcement later in the morning.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Stack:

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
The symlink has been restored to hbase-0.94.1

Sorry for the confusion.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
J-D:
So far we have 2 +1 (binding) and 2 +1 (non-binding), no -1 on RC1.

Do you think I can roll this RC as 0.92.2 ?

Thanks

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>wrote:

> So it looks like I must have just caught a region as it was moving or
> something.  I can't seem to re-produce that error. So I'm fully +1.
> Sorry for the false alarm.
>
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm +1'ish
> >
> > Spun up a 0.92.1 cluster wrote some data.  Then spun up a 0.92.2RC and
> > everything worked.
> > Ran LoadTestTool while killing region servers.  Everything recovered
> well.
> > Ran PerformanceEvaluation everything went well
> >

> > However when trying to manually split a table while tests were running
> > I was unable to.  On investigating more I found that manual splits
> > appear to be broken in 0.92.  So I filed HBASE-6767.  I don't think
> > it's enough to sink the rc but it was something that I noticed.
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> We're having more and more releases across 0.92, 0.94 and soon 0.96
> >> branches.
> >> It would be wise to revisit the historical convention.
> >>
> >> Thanks for bringing this up, J-D.

Re: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download

Posted by yu...@gmail.com.
Thanks Elliot for your validation effort.

Appreciate it.

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>.

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>.
I'm +1'ish

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
With 3 +1's and no -1, 0.92.2 RC1 passes.

I will announce 0.92.2 release tomorrow.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Aditya / Shrijeet:

Thanks for the update.

Appreciate it.