Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Laurence Samuels <la...@googlemail.com> on 2008/05/22 10:51:57 UTC

svn + bugtracking system

Dear All

I'll like some advice on an opensource bugtracking system (whose backend is
postgres) that we can use at work, and which can be integrated with svn. We
use svn for our version control. I looked around the web, and camce across
Bugzilla. But the stories I've read of integrating bugzilla with svn look as
if it is not an easy task to do.

Many thanks,

Laurence

Re: svn + bugtracking system

Posted by Toby Thain <to...@telegraphics.com.au>.
On 22-May-08, at 6:51 AM, Laurence Samuels wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I'll like some advice on an opensource bugtracking system (whose
> backend is postgres) that we can use at work, and which can be
> integrated with svn. We use svn for our version control. I looked
> around the web, and camce across Bugzilla. But the stories I've
> read of integrating bugzilla with svn look as if it is not an easy
> task to do.

Actually it's quite straightforward - I have a script here that works
fine:
http://www.telegraphics.com.au/svn/svn_bz/trunk/

Or, as others suggest, Trac integration works well too, with the trac-
post-commit-hook that comes with it.

--Toby

Re: svn + bugtracking system

Posted by Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis <ga...@thespidernet.com>.
Hi Laurence,

I'm just going to +1 Blair's suggestion of Trac.
We use it work and it integrates nicely with subversion and we are
using it with PostGreSQL too.

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/DatabaseBackend

has all the guff you require for configuring with the PostGres

On 22/05/2008, at 8:51 PM, Laurence Samuels wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I'll like some advice on an opensource bugtracking system (whose
> backend is postgres) that we can use at work, and which can be
> integrated with svn. We use svn for our version control. I looked
> around the web, and camce across Bugzilla. But the stories I've read
> of integrating bugzilla with svn look as if it is not an easy task
> to do.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Laurence

Please contact me if you should have any questions.

Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis
Principal
The SpiderNet Web Design

E: gavinb@thespidernet.com
M: +61 -4 38 545 586
W: http://www.thespidernet.com

Re: svn + bugtracking system

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Laurence Samuels wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I'll like some advice on an opensource bugtracking system (whose backend
> is postgres) that we can use at work, and which can be integrated with
> svn. We use svn for our version control. I looked around the web, and
> camce across Bugzilla. But the stories I've read of integrating bugzilla
> with svn look as if it is not an easy task to do.

Use Trac.

http://trac.edgewall.org/

Regards,
Blair

Re: svn + bugtracking system

Posted by Laurence Samuels <la...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks everybody for your replies. They've been very helpful. You have been
very helpful. Thanks. Laurence

RE: svn + bugtracking system