Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Schmitt, Christian" <Ch...@Dresdner-Bank.com> on 2001/04/20 14:56:46 UTC

[C2] HTMLGenerator problem

Hi all,
I've tried the HTMLGenerator for the first time. Now I have two things
buggin' me:

1) In the output I get an additional ">" at the start of the document

2) The character set is set to UTF-8 all the time. Is there a way I can set
it to a different value (i.e. ISO-8859-1)?

Thanks for any tips,
Christian Schmitt

Re: [C2] HTMLGenerator problem

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Christian,

For #2, In your cocoon.xconf, modify the serializer to look as follows:

   <map:serializer name="html"
                   mime-type="text/html"
                   src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
      <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
   </map:serializer>

Take a look at AbstractTextSerializer for other params that you can specify.

Thanks,
dim

--- "Schmitt, Christian" <Ch...@Dresdner-Bank.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've tried the HTMLGenerator for the first time. Now I have two things
> buggin' me:
>
> 1) In the output I get an additional ">" at the start of the document
>
> 2) The character set is set to UTF-8 all the time. Is there a way I can set
> it to a different value (i.e. ISO-8859-1)?
>

> Thanks for any tips,
> Christian Schmitt

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager