Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2013/08/23 20:04:34 UTC

Jena 2.11.0 release?

We were discussing a release

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jena-dev/201307.mbox/%3C51F8EEE7.4040109%40apache.org%3E

and then things seem to have got rather busy.

I think we should try for a release even if everything isn't done, then
release again if necessary.  There are some great new things already in
the pipeline.

We have a number of things and I think this is worth bumping to 2.11.

* New website

* jena-text
* jena-jdbc

I'm assuming that these are not in download, they are in trunk though,
so released via maven and it all forms part of one release vote.

jena-text drags in Lucene which might be considered a bit big to put
into the distribution (not something that worries me that much).

jena-jdbc:
Is there documentation?
(at least something an announcment can point to :-)

And also:

* jena-client
Include if ready, not blocking.

* jena-security

Not sure the roadmap is here.  Claude - thoughts?

It can be anything from in trunk, so part of the formal release if the
legals are done, to advertising and keeping as a SNAPSHOT for now but
version-fixed to 2.11.0.

(ps you want to depend on apache-jena-libs, not apache-jena)

	Andy

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
To move it to trunk, use "svn mv" and edit the top level build POM.  Let
dev@ know.  We can finetune the build due to this (and the other
changes) when "in trunk".

Switching on and off is as simple as commenting in or out the <module>
entry (as as jena-jdbc current does).

Minor comment:

In NOTICE

"Apache Jena" -> "Apache Jena - Security module"

(a better than than "security" if you prefer)

just to be clear what it refers to this module.

	Andy

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
Andy,

--
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web<http://like-like.xenei.com>
Identity: https://www.identify.nu/user.php?claude@xenei.com

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.
I'm happy to move forwards on a release, end of next week is the earliest
I will have any time to review a release as I am on vacation tomorrow
through next Wed.

I think JDBC is in a good state now we've resolved the test hang issues
and the documentation is enough to get people going, it can likely be
improved later but is sufficient for now.

Rob

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.

--
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 24/08/13 14:58, Claude Warren wrote:
> JENA-397
> testing files not included in the test jar
>
> Closed as completed.

I closed this - I presume by "resolved" that is what was intended.

	Andy

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
JENA-397
testing files not included in the test jar

Closed as completed.

JENA-396
Request for Info
No responses so this can stay open.  Though perhaps it should move to a
documentation category.

JENA-380
Migrate core tests to junit4
Open and will be working on it shortly.

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Re: Jena 2.11.0 release?

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.
Yes we got a bit busy with fixing some issues that came up.  I have some
thoughts about JDBC which I will send in a separate email.

Bumping to 2.11.0 does seem appropriate.

Rob