Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kenneth Berland <ke...@hero.com> on 2009/03/20 18:39:23 UTC

mapred.min.split.size and mapred.job.tracker=local

Hello,

I'm able to run a Nutch job on a single-node in a pseudo-distributed mode
where each Hadoop daemon runs in a separate Java process.  I have to set
mapred.min.split.size to a large number.  If mapred.min.split.size is too
small, the local disk fills after a large number of maps and the job is
never completed.

My problem is when I try to set mapred.min.split.size when running in
non-distributed mode, as a single Java process.  It appears to be ignored.

Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks,
Ken