Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Robert Lasater <ro...@ineight.net> on 2015/03/25 18:32:37 UTC

Promo Code Discount Per Product

We are looking for a way that a promo code will do a discount on a product
price, despite the quantity. The only way we can get it to work right now
is to have a quantity in the promo rule. Does anyone know how to get the
percent discount per product to work, no matter what the quantity ordered
is?

Cannot apply to entire cart, just a single product.

Thanks
Robert

Re: Promo Code Discount Per Product

Posted by Robert Lasater <ro...@ineight.net>.
This is a very simple function. Why is it so complicated in OFBIZ?

We want to put in a promo code that will give a percentage discount on a
specific product. If we don't put a limit of 1 use per order, it applies
the promo to every quantity which messes up the sales order and invoice,
because it puts an entry for every quantity. However, if we leave that
'limit of 1 use per order' - it won't apply the discount to all quantities,
unless we put in the exact quantity. Which doesn't work, because orders
come in various quantities. Someone else has to have run into this issue
before.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Also I guess you can put 0 in quantity field and give "greater than or
equal to" in condition of your rule. In that way you can avoid quantity and
then promotion will work for every product.

Thanks