Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Elisha Berns <e....@computer.org> on 2005/04/28 03:22:11 UTC

Use (and Reuse) of XMLGrammarPoolImpl

Hi,

I need to load several .xsd  schema files and process and analyze each
one.  This question is how to do this for multiple .xsd files the most
resource efficient way (memory and speed).

Currently, to do this I instantiate a SAX2Reader with an
XMLGrammarPoolImpl object, load the .xsd file and get the XSModel object
from the XMLGrammarPoolImpl object.  From this point on the processing
is clear.  The question pertains to these first steps:

1) Do I need to recreate these steps for each .xsd file or can I reuse
any of these objects for other files (the SAX2Reader and the
XMLGrammarPoolImpl)? The question is also keeping in mind that each
schema and its types need to be processed separately from the other
schemas.

2) It appears the XMLGrammarPoolImpl class handles the schema grammar
one entity per file and cannot differentiate among grammars that come
from different .xsd files.  Is that so?

3) Since the .xsd schemas may import identical schemas (e.g. both
schemas A and B import C) is there any way to avoid the reloading of the
shared schema (schema C) each time?

Thanks for any help here,

Elisha Berns