Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/01 11:04:25 UTC

Re: [math] I need an extra pair of eyeballs

Generally the code seemed fine.

Did you get a chance to look at my comments to see if I captured your
intent?

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: [math] I need an extra pair of eyeballs

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Ted,

Keep in mind that I don't have any intent. I created this file by
taking the Arrays.java from Apache Harmony and extending the sorting
code in it to achieve the same results that the original Colt
implementor got by extending the Sun JDK Arrays.java. For this
particular function, I took the working 'int' copy, and modified it to
take a swapper. So, the algorithmic intent belongs to whomever coded
Arrays.java at Harmony.

The comments make sense to me, but I am really stuck on the conceptual
question of how introducing a swapper breaks it. There has to be a
place where the algorithm needs a value but has an index, I think.

--benson