Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Session A Mwamufiya <sm...@andrew.cmu.edu> on 2007/08/13 08:50:23 UTC

taking control of the struts 2 layout in a jsp

Hi,

Struts displays the jsp objects the way it likes, for example, aligning buttons on the right even if I put them inside a <div align="left"></div> tag.  Is there a way to take control of how the layout is displayed without using the simple theme (that doesn't have a nice UI by the way)?

Thanks,
Session

Re: taking control of the struts 2 layout in a jsp

Posted by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>.
We've had to override and customise customise the xhtml freemarker
templates. It's pretty easy and effective. All you do is explode the struts
core jar and copy the template files (.ftl extension) you want to change to
a template directory in the root of your app. Modify as you need.

I know there's a page on the wiki, I just can't see it.

Z.

> Hi,
>
> Struts displays the jsp objects the way it likes, for example, aligning
> buttons on the right even if I put them inside a <div align="left"></div> tag.
> Is there a way to take control of how the layout is displayed without using
> the simple theme (that doesn't have a nice UI by the way)?
>
> Thanks,
> Session

RE taking control of the struts 2 layout in a jsp

Posted by ML...@abusinessware.com.
Hi,

Copy the struts.jar templates into your application (at the root,
WebContent/templates for exemple), and modify the
WebContent/template/simple/*.ftl files at your convenience.

"Session A Mwamufiya" <sm...@andrew.cmu.edu>
13/08/2007 08:57
Veuillez répondre à
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>