Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ty Davis <da...@bellsouth.net> on 2013/10/15 16:43:40 UTC

hssf to xssf

Hello,

Im using RPGLE java prototypes to build a xssf classes from hssf
prototypes.

When using the xssf classes instead of the hssf classes, do I just need
to change the "hssf" to "xssf" in the class/method prototypes?

It appears to be that simple ...

Thank You,

" When all is said and done, more will be said than done"

Re: hssf to xssf

Posted by tsing xu <3x...@gmail.com>.
u can use an even higher level of abstraction, Workbook  Sheet Cell ...

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM, Ty Davis <da...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Im using RPGLE java prototypes to build a xssf classes from hssf
> prototypes.
>
> When using the xssf classes instead of the hssf classes, do I just need to
> change the "hssf" to "xssf" in the class/method prototypes?
>
> It appears to be that simple ...
>
> Thank You,
>
> " When all is said and done, more will be said than done"

徐会卿【从事Java后台开发】
【巧者劳而智者忧,无能者无所求】

Re: hssf to xssf

Posted by Ty Davis <da...@bellsouth.net>.
Thanx Nick

If I understand correctly, I can create the workbook using the
new_xssfWorkbook(whatever) I can then use the ss class system for the
creation
of rows, cells and styles in a straight forward manner

Is that it in a nutshell?

Re: hssf to xssf

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Re: hssf to xssf

Posted by Ty Davis <da...@bellsouth.net>.
I think it can be said that I am completely confused now.

What is the SS modal for Spread sheets? Isnt the XSSF classes the class
for ooxml?

I have no idea what to do now.

Re: hssf to xssf

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.