Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steven Tseglin <ts...@neu.edu> on 2002/03/21 05:03:46 UTC

Browser error

Hi everybody,

I am using Win 2000 and my Apache always gives me "Internal Server Error"
when I try to run my perl script. I checked everything my ScriptAlias
settings etc nothings seems to be wrong
P.S. I dont get any errors in my error log file

Please help me!!!

Re: Browser error

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Steven Tseglin wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am using Win 2000 and my Apache always gives me "Internal Server Error"
> when I try to run my perl script. I checked everything my ScriptAlias
> settings etc nothings seems to be wrong

I think something might be wrong.... Does a simple "hello world" program
work?

There are several things you have to get right for a CGI to work. Read
thoroughly http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html

The things to focus on are:

- is the program actually working? (test from command line)
- send header before any data (even before error output)
- if you access files, does the apache user have enough privileges?
- if you call other programs or modules, can apache find them?

since you get a server error you must've already got some of them right,
e.g.

- program is executable
- apache recognises program as CGI

so you're halfway there...

> P.S. I dont get any errors in my error log file

Are you sure? What about the access log - what HTTP code is recorded?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

Re: Browser error

Posted by Admin-myispnet <ko...@naisp.net>.
you need to first install PERL  (activestate perl)
then reconfigure your paths in each calling script file
to reflect this new location of Perl.exe file

Steven Tseglin wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am using Win 2000 and my Apache always gives me "Internal Server Error"
> when I try to run my perl script. I checked everything my ScriptAlias
> settings etc nothings seems to be wrong
> P.S. I dont get any errors in my error log file
>
> Please help me!!!

<=========== http://www.myispnet.net ===============>
Kit Goins         ICQ# 7110071     admin@myispnet.net
Web Designer:     http://kitdesigns.myispcentral.net
Personal WebServer:       http://kompukit.dyndns.org
(Server Runs between M-F 6pm-12am,S+S 12pm-12am EST)