Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/07/11 06:38:12 UTC

mod_mime_magic.c and mod_cern_meta.c

They don't play well together.

I get many:

[Thu Jul 10 22:35:41 1997] can't stat `/usr/home/marcs/public_html/.web' (No such file or directory).

mod_cern_meta appears to be doing ten zillion (try it on a directory index
with lots of files) subrequests which makes things unhappy.  Can I blame
Dean?  <g>

Sigh.  Should mod_mime_magic not whine on non-existent files, but simply
exit?  Should mod_cern_meta be nicer?

Re: mod_mime_magic.c and mod_cern_meta.c

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Yep blame it on me if you want.  But do you have another solution?  We
could just protect against symlink abuses with the permissions of the file
being served with a symlink testing open().

Dean