Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2019/01/01 15:01:13 UTC

Re: Apache Isis Core release 1.17.0 RC2

Folks,

To make it easier to verify the release, I've been improving the automated
script.  So you can now run the following commands to download, verify
signatures and build the framework from source:

    NEXUSREPONUM=1086
    VERSION=1.17.0

    curl http://www.apache.org/dist/isis/KEYS > /tmp/KEYS
    gpg --import /tmp/KEYS

    rm -rf isis-$VERSION*
    rm -rf simpleapp-archetype-$VERSION*
    rm -rf helloworld-archetype-$VERSION*

    curl -O -L
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/isis/06f947ad7a0968c34d8e6941a77e12aa0196cd17/scripts/verify-isis-release.sh

    chmod +x ./verify-isis-release.sh
    ./verify-isis-release.sh $NEXUSREPONUM $VERSION

Assuming this completes successfully, you can then test the two
applications generated from the `simpleapp` and `helloworld` archetypes:

    pushd test-simpleapp/myapp
    mvn -pl webapp jetty:run
    popd

and

    pushd test-helloworld/myapp
    mvn jetty:run
    popd

Many thanks.  To reiterate, the vote will be open a minimum of 72 hours.

Dan

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Folks,
I found a more serious issue with the new sidebar stuff in RC2, so I'm
going to pull this release.
I'll get an RC3 out later today.
Thanks
Dan