Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Alderfer, Tim" <Ti...@glog.com> on 2003/07/29 22:55:03 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Apache2 and HPUX...apr libs....SOLUTION

The solution is the following.
1) Run configure with these options
CFLAGS="+O3 -mt";export CFLAGS
CCOPTS="+O3 -mt";export CCOPTS
LDFLAGS="-Wl,+b.:../lib:/usr/lib:/lib ";export LDFLAGS

The most important is the LDFLAGS variable.

2) After the configure you need to edit a couple of files
You need to make 3 changes to 2 files.
vi <PREFIX>/srclib/apr/libtool and
<PREFIX>/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/libtool
Do a search for "hardcode_direct=yes" and change to hardcode_direct=no, this
is in the file twice.  Also, do a search for "absdir=`cd "$dir" && pwd`" and
comment out that line plus the next 5, a total of six lines.

3) make
4) make install

Regards,

Tim