Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by LEI Xiaofeng <le...@ihep.ac.cn> on 2014/01/21 07:44:45 UTC

cannot start hregionserver

Hi,
I added a new node to my HBase cluster. The PC is the same as the old ones. It has 24G memory. When I tried to start regionserver on that node, I got error below:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could_not_reserve_enough_space_for_object_heap
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Could_not_reserve_enough_space_for_object_heap
Could not find the main class: Could_not_reserve_enough_space_for_object_heap.  Program will exit.

I tried to decrease the value of HBASE_HEAPSIZE. But it did not help. Does anyone can give me some advice?

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: cannot start hregionserver

Posted by LEI Xiaofeng <le...@ihep.ac.cn>.
My hbase-env.sh is as following:

export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false
export HBASE_LOG_DIR=${HBASE_HOME}/logs
export HBASE_OPTS="-ea -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode"
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_30/

I there anything wrong?

Thanks

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Re: Re: cannot start hregionserver

Posted by LEI Xiaofeng <le...@ihep.ac.cn>.
I am using HBase 0.94.2-cdh4.2.2. And I have succesfully made run on other nodes before. But when I use the same configuration on a new node, it fails.

java version is "1.6.0_24"
uname -a is Linux hadoop07.ihep.ac.cn 2.6.18-348.3.1.el5 #1 SMP Mon Mar 11 15:43:13 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Xiaofeng:

Posted by LEI Xiaofeng <le...@ihep.ac.cn>.
free -m

Mem:         24097        783      23313          0          1         42
-/+ buffers/cache:        739      23357

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang