Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2015/03/12 20:41:19 UTC

Assigning JIRA Tickets

All,

When we have someone interested in contributing to Apache NiFi, they often ask us (the committers) to assign the ticket to them. But the only people who show up in the list, for me to assign the ticket to, are the other committers. Does anyone know what needs to be done in order to either allow me to assign the ticket to someone who’s not yet a committer, or to allow them to assign the tickets to themselves? Is there perhaps something that INFRA needs to do?

Thanks

-Mark

Re: Assigning JIRA Tickets

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
anyone who is an admin on the project should be able to change the set of
"contributors" and then allow contributors to have tickets assigned.

I'm not sure who is set up as an admin for the NiFi jira. On most projects
is whomever has volunteered, both committers and in some cases
non-committers. (i.e. part of getting set up as a committer on Accumulo is
being made an admin on the jira. In HBase, I was made an admin on the jira
relatively early in my time as a contributor)

--
Sean