Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Michael Joyce <jo...@apache.org> on 2013/08/30 01:48:09 UTC

Which code base are we using for development?

Hi all,

The incubator website (which is looking great by the way) is telling me to
clone [1] to help out with development.

According to [2] the Apache SVN has been updated recently (< 1 day ago).
For some reason I had [3] down as the repo to get code from, but the Apache
git for Spark hasn't been updated since mid July. I figured since this
moved over from Github that we'd be using git, but it looks like we're
using SVN. Just want to make sure I'm pulling down the correct repo (and
make a JIRA for the link issue if it is in fact a problem).

[1] git://github.com/mesos/spark.git
[2] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/spark/
[3] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=summary

Cheers!

-- Joyce

Re: Which code base are we using for development?

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
We're going to switch from GitHub to the Apache git repo [3] soon. We've been periodically importing stuff there, but I want to have new pull requests happen against https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark directly once we release 0.8. The Apache SVN is only needed for the website, and that's why it has commits.

Matei