Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Upendra Chitnis <up...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/25 07:07:22 UTC

Help with derby.properties file.

Hello,

I am trying to use derby.properties file , but the server is unable to recognise it when i
launch.

Here is my properties file

derby.system.home=C:\temp\databases\
derby.infolog.append=true
derby.storage.pageSize=8192
derby.storage.pageReservedSpace=60

I am using derby network server. The properties file is located in the same directory
from which i am launching the server

java org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start

Please let me know if i am doing anything wrong, am i missing any starting parameters ?

Thanks !

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Help with derby.properties file.

Posted by Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM>.
This is a sketch of answer:

the netserver is a java program. You can set propoerties as launch
parameters with -D.
One of them is the home dir you want to use for the DB files and de
properties file.

for instance:

java -Dderby.system.home=<dir>
org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkserverControl start -h 0.0.0.0

will read property file from <dir>

--
Xavier VIGOUROUX - sun microsystems

Re: Help with derby.properties file.