Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com> on 2014/02/10 10:19:51 UTC

Struggling with failing echo_* tests on Windows

Perl 5.19.5, httpd 2.4.6, mod_perl SVN:

echo_block.t fails tests 2 and 3, receiving nothing, and writing
"APR::Socket::recv: (730060) A connection attempt failed because the
connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
established connection failed because connected host has failed to
respond." in the error_log.

echo_nonblock.t fails test 2 with an ECONNRESET after timing out on
the first attempt.

echo_timeout.t fails tests 2, 3, 4 and 5, receiving "good", "bye",
"cruel" and "world" (when it expected to receive nothing) and writing
the same 730060 error in the error_log.

These all work with httpd 2.2.25 (and same perl/mod_perl) but I'm at a
loss to see what's gone wrong with 2.4.6. Any help / suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

Re: Struggling with failing echo_* tests on Windows

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com>.
On 10 February 2014 09:19, Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Perl 5.19.5, httpd 2.4.6, mod_perl SVN:
>
> echo_timeout.t fails tests 2, 3, 4 and 5, receiving "good", "bye",
> "cruel" and "world" (when it expected to receive nothing) and writing
> the same 730060 error in the error_log.

(Ah, that had the received/expected arguments the wrong way round.
It's actually receiving nothing when output was expected.)

Re: Struggling with failing echo_* tests on Windows

Posted by Jan Kaluža <jk...@redhat.com>.
On 02/10/2014 10:19 AM, Steve Hay wrote:
> Perl 5.19.5, httpd 2.4.6, mod_perl SVN:
>
> echo_block.t fails tests 2 and 3, receiving nothing, and writing
> "APR::Socket::recv: (730060) A connection attempt failed because the
> connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
> established connection failed because connected host has failed to
> respond." in the error_log.
>
> echo_nonblock.t fails test 2 with an ECONNRESET after timing out on
> the first attempt.
>
> echo_timeout.t fails tests 2, 3, 4 and 5, receiving "good", "bye",
> "cruel" and "world" (when it expected to receive nothing) and writing
> the same 730060 error in the error_log.
>
> These all work with httpd 2.2.25 (and same perl/mod_perl) but I'm at a
> loss to see what's gone wrong with 2.4.6. Any help / suggestions would
> be greatly appreciated.

I have no idea here :( It works correctly for me here on Linux (Fedora).

Jan Kaluza