Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Robert Patrick <ro...@oracle.com> on 2016/10/22 18:44:42 UTC

testCompile goal fails periodically on Windows because it cannot find test-classes directory

Hi,

I am seeing a periodic error when running our builds on Windows.  When running "mvn clean verify" I occasionally see errors like the following:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:testCompile (test-compile) on project single-application-test: Fatal error compiling: directory not found: C:\projects\myproject\system-test\tests-v2\singleApplicationTest\target\test-classes -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

[ERROR]

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :single-application-test

If I immediately rerun the same "mvn clean verify" command, it works.  Has anyone else seen such problems?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: testCompile goal fails periodically on Windows because it cannot find test-classes directory

Posted by paul <pa...@roubekas.org>.
Yep, I am on windows 7 and get the same thing.  It seems to have calmed
down with Nano.1

--
Consider, you who love money, the one who hanged himself for the sake
of it. Shun the insatiate