Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca> on 2011/01/30 06:11:15 UTC

Can the main page at wicketstuff.org be changed to not automatically redirect to the confluence wiki?

Hello,

The http://wicketstuff.org site presently has a basic page and then
shows several links before automatically redirecting to the confluence wiki.

I have been migrating the confluence content into the github wiki.
Would it be possible to change the index page at wicketstuff.org to not
automatically redirect to confluence and instead show a different message?

Here is a draft version of I am suggesting for the main page in place of
what is currently there:

"
<h1>About WicketStuff.org</h1>

href="http://wicket.apache.org">Apache Wicket</a> and information on
user contributed wicketstuff projects.

     Development and issue tracking of the wicketstuff-core projects
have moved to <a
href="https://github.com/wicketstuff/core">https://github.com/wicketstuff/core</a>.

     The information contained in the <a href="confluence">Confluence
wiki</a> is being migrated into the <a
href="https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/wiki">github wiki</a>
     The Apache Wicket project wiki is located here: <a
href="https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET">https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET</a>

<h2>Wicket Examples Demo</h2>

     The <b>wicket-examples</b> maven artifact contains a war file
showcasing the main interface controls provided by Wicket.

     Below are the examples running on the old stable 1.3.x version, the
current stable 1.4.x version and the development trunk 1.5.x version.
<ul>

</ul>

<h2>Contributed Wicket Examples Demo</h2>

     Note that most wicketstuff-core projects have an example
application but they are not presently hosted.

</ul>

"

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Can the main page at wicketstuff.org be changed to not automatically redirect to the confluence wiki?

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.
Hi Martijn,

Thanks for styling the page it looks a lot better than my draft.

There are usage stats we can extract from oss.sonatype.org on the number
of downloads or unique IP's that access the artifacts.  Within their
interface there are charts but they also support exporting the number as
csv.
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2010/12/now-available-central-download-statistics-for-oss-projects/
(scroll down to see the chart example).

Are you thinking of another repository on github to hold the jekyll site?

I have seen examples where the deployed site directory is a git
repository (cloned from the public git url) and then a cron job is
scheduled to periodically run 'git pull' which automatically update the
site to reflect any upstream changes.

Mike

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.