Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jason Stelzer <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/19 16:56:25 UTC

Options for clustering/multicast

I am setting up a 2 node cluster using the C++ qpidd 0.5 on fedora 12.
This is primarily for failover.

I'm in a situation where one of our hardware vendors is not handling
multicast correctly.

As an interim solution, is it possible to cluster via unicast? My
understanding is that the corosync library uses multicast and that
qpidd relies on that working correctly. This seems to imply that
unicast is not possible, but I figured I'd ask and see if I get a
definitive answer one way or the other.

--
J.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Options for clustering/multicast

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

There is an cman option today for that. I expect that in due course this
option
will be added for pacemarker also.

In the current cluster with the cman option specified in config, the
broker actively
checks quorum.

Carl.

Posted by Clark O'Brien <cl...@yahoo.com>.