Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ingo Bruell <ib...@gmx.de> on 2001/03/08 22:07:23 UTC

XSL embedded functions

Hi,

  in  the  examples  (e.g. fp/form/form-html.xsl) there was a function
"substring"  used.  How  does  this  function  works. Where can i find
documentation about those functions?

In   my  case  i  want to test if an attribute of a node begins with a
'@'. Is that possible ?

CU

Ingo Bruell

---
<ib...@gmx.de>
<In...@epost.de>
<ICQ# 40377720>
Oldenburg    PGP-Fingerprint: CB01 AE12 B359 87C4 BF1C  953C 8FE7 C648 169E E5FC
Germany      PGP-Public-Key available at pgpkeys.mit.edu

Re: XSL embedded functions

Posted by Sébastien Koechlin <sk...@ivision.fr>.
Ingo Bruell wrote:

>   in  the  examples  (e.g. fp/form/form-html.xsl) there was a function
> "substring"  used.  How  does  this  function  works. Where can i find
> documentation about those functions?

This is a function from XPath, you can print and read
the W3C Recommendation at http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath

--
Sébastien Koechlin - IVision - skoechlin@ivision.fr

Re: XSL embedded functions

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Ingo Bruell wrote:

>   in  the  examples  (e.g. fp/form/form-html.xsl) there was a function
> "substring"  used.  How  does  this  function  works. Where can i find
> documentation about those functions?
>
> In   my  case  i  want to test if an attribute of a node begins with a
> '@'. Is that possible ?

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath

this is general xslt/xpath stuff, off-topic for cocoon-users. try the
mulberrytech xslt list.

- donald

RE: XSL embedded functions

Posted by Christof Schneider <Ch...@gmx.de>.