Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/07/31 11:44:46 UTC

Graduation?

Hi all guys,

(just copying from another thread in another ASF project :P)

IP Clearance - OK
New committers - OK
Release - OK (the project status page needs updating)

Graduation is next.

That needs

1/ Decide whether to be a

  1.1 TLP

  or

  1.2 a sub-project of Shinding/Shiro as discussed time ago

2/ in case of 1.1, choose a chair - in that case my suggestion would be Tommaso

3/ Amber dev vote

4/ IMPMC vote

5a/ Going to the board
5b/ Going to the PMC

and I've probably missed some detail out. [1]

(what is the current, general Apache feeling towards sub-projects?)

-Simo

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Graduation?

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Resending with better formatting (seems something went wrong before :S)

On Jul 31, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:

Hi Simo,

2012/7/31 Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>>
Hi all guys,

(just copying from another thread in another ASF project :P)

IP Clearance - OK
New committers - OK
Release - OK (the project status page needs updating)

Graduation is next.

That needs

1/ Decide whether to be a

  1.1 TLP

  or

  1.2 a sub-project of Shinding/Shiro as discussed time ago

I've not a strong opinion on this, however as far as I can see it we didn't have many interactions with Shinding/Shiro thus TLP may be more reasonable.

I am also +1 for 1.1 I think we have all the requirements to aim to become a TLP and the scope of the project is well defined and big enough to deserve its own community

2/ in case of 1.1, choose a chair - in that case my suggestion would be Tommaso

thanks so much for your kind proposal Simo, however at the moment I'm a bit too busy and thus would like to hangover to Antonio as a possible Amber chair.
Antonio, what do you think?

 would be a +1 on the proposal of Simone to have you as a chair (also due your Apache experience). I do understand though if you are too busy and I'll be more than glad to accept the hypothetical candidature :)

Regards

Antonio

Everything else looks good IMHO.

Thanks all for the road so far.

Re: Graduation?

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Hi *,

On Jul 31, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:

Hi Simo,

2012/7/31 Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>>
Hi all guys,

(just copying from another thread in another ASF project :P)

IP Clearance - OK
New committers - OK
Release - OK (the project status page needs updating)

thanks a lot again Simone for your huge effort here. The release was spotless!

Graduation is next.

That needs

1/ Decide whether to be a

  1.1 TLP

  or

  1.2 a sub-project of Shinding/Shiro as discussed time ago

I've not a strong opinion on this, however as far as I can see it we didn't have many interactions with Shinding/Shiro thus TLP may be more reasonable.

I am also +1 for 1.1 I think we have all the requirements to aim to become a TLP and the scope of the project is well defined and big enough to deserve its own community

2/ in case of 1.1, choose a chair - in that case my suggestion would be Tommaso

thanks so much for your kind proposal Simo, however at the moment I'm a bit too busy and thus would like to hangover to Antonio as a possible Amber chair.
Antonio, what do you think?

I would be a +1 on the proposal of Simone to have you as a chair (also due your Apache experience). I do understand though if you are too busy and I'll be more than glad to accept the hypothetical candidature :)

Re: Graduation?

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simo,