Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/30 15:31:53 UTC

Branding requirements for podlings

Hello,

all ASF project need to be conform with the branding requirements.
Therefore I think it should be an exit criteria to implement this
requirements. To track that, I would like to add a new item on the
template in section "Copyright", like:
"Does the projects website reflect the ASF wide branding requirements
as defined at: http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html"

Wdyt?

Cheers,
Christian

Re: Branding requirements for podlings

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> all ASF project need to be conform with the branding requirements.
> Therefore I think it should be an exit criteria to implement this
> requirements. To track that, I would like to add a new item on the
> template in section "Copyright", like:
> "Does the projects website reflect the ASF wide branding requirements
> as defined at: http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html"
>
> Wdyt?

I agree. The more that people understand this stuff, the better.

-David

Re: Branding requirements for podlings

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> Yes, complying with the branding requirements absolutely should be an exit
> criteria.

+1

> We should also update:
>
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
>
> To explain a little bit about the pmc guidelines.

+1

(perhaps it's time to split publicity from branding)

On the related subject of trademarks, the status file currently
typical has something like

"Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist and
check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
trademarked for an existing software product"[1]

Perhaps we need to look at updating this in the light of policy
developments[2]. Any objections to me inviting the trademark team to
help us?

Robert

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/rat.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

Re: Branding requirements for podlings

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Yes, complying with the branding requirements absolutely should be an
exit criteria.

We should also update:

https://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html

To explain a little bit about the pmc guidelines.

- Shane, who would love to, but trust me, the next month really sucks here.