Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hendlmeier Georg (extern)" <Ge...@P7S1Produktion.de> on 2008/05/27 15:48:11 UTC

RAD7 Support

Hi all,

is there currently any RAD7 support in maven-eclipse-plugin?
As far as i tested, RAD7 does not recognize e.g. ear project etc.
and is not able to deploy to WAS.
Is there something wrong or something in the pipe or something else? ;)

Thanks in advance,
Georg

Re: RAD7 Support

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.
Hendlmeier Georg (extern) skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> is there currently any RAD7 support in maven-eclipse-plugin?
> As far as i tested, RAD7 does not recognize e.g. ear project etc.
> and is not able to deploy to WAS.
> Is there something wrong or something in the pipe or something else? ;)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Georg

Did you use the RAD goal?
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/rad-mojo.html

Re: RAD7 Support

Posted by Ch...@aami.com.au.
"Hendlmeier Georg  (extern)" <Ge...@P7S1Produktion.de>
wrote on 27/05/2008 23:48:11:

> Hi all,
>
> is there currently any RAD7 support in maven-eclipse-plugin?
> As far as i tested, RAD7 does not recognize e.g. ear project etc.
> and is not able to deploy to WAS.
> Is there something wrong or something in the pipe or something else? ;)

Welcome to the world of maven centric thinking.

I've managed to get EJB project working.

Here is my POM as a reference. There are also other threads on their
forum, search the history if you can.

-Chris

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi=
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation=
"http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <groupId>au.com.warpspeed</groupId>
    <artifactId>ProjectEJB</artifactId>
    <packaging>ejb</packaging>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <name>ProjectEJB Project</name>

    <dependencies>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>jboss</groupId>
            <artifactId>jboss-j2ee</artifactId>
            <version>4.0.2</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

    </dependencies>

    <properties>
        <junit.version>3.8.1</junit.version>
    </properties>

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <wtpversion>1.5</wtpversion>

                    <additionalBuildcommands>
                        <buildcommand>
org.eclipse.wst.validation.validationbuilder</buildcommand>
                        <buildcommand>
org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.builder</buildcommand>
                    </additionalBuildcommands>

                    <additionalProjectnatures>
                        <projectnature>
org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.nature</projectnature>
                        <projectnature>
org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore.ModuleCoreNature</projectnature>
                    </additionalProjectnatures>

                    <classpathContainers>
                        <classpathContainer>
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/WebSphere
v6.1 JRE</classpathContainer>
                        <classpathContainer>
org.eclipse.jst.server.core.container/com.ibm.ws.ast.st.runtime.runtimeTarget.v61/was.base.v61
</classpathContainer>
                        <classpathContainer>
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.internal.module.container</classpathContainer>
                    </classpathContainers>

                    <additionalProjectFacets>
                        <com.ibm.websphere.extended.ejb>6.1</
com.ibm.websphere.extended.ejb>
                    </additionalProjectFacets>

                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

</project>

It is the setup in the build section that is the critical bit, as that is
what defines the metadata used by eclipse to be recognised as an EJB, WAR,
EAR project etc.

HTH.

-Chris

CAUTION - This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must:
- Not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee;
- Notify the sender via return email; and
- Delete the message (and any related attachments) from your computer immediately.

Internet emails are not necessarily secure. Australian Associated Motors Insurers Limited ABN 92 004 791 744 (AAMI), and its related entities, do not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Unless otherwise stated, views expressed within this email are the author's own and do not represent those of AAMI.