Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bryan Keller <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 03:33:36 UTC

HBase Java client dependencies

In my application I'm using the Java HBase API. I'm using Maven (well, Gradle actually) to declare a dependency on HBase. Unfortunately, the dependency on HBase drags every transitive dependency but the kitchen sink into my app, including Ant, Jasper, Jetty, and others. I am hoping not all of these are needed just for the Java HBase client.

Is there a list somewhere of the minimal set of jars needed for using the Java HBase client? If so, I could just declare dependencies on these non-transitively.

Re: HBase Java client dependencies

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
There are other answers to this question but here is one: hbase,
hadoop, zookeeper and the hbase conf directory which has your
configuration in it.
St.Ack