Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Jimmy Jones <ji...@gmx.co.uk> on 2012/11/28 21:50:06 UTC

Perl bindings fix for 0.20

Hi,

Would someone mind reviewing QPID-4480, and if possible including in 0.20? Using the perl bindings, when sending a amqp/map containing a string containing a null, its truncated at the first null. I've attached a simple patch that fixes this. I can't find any workaround apart from the patch.

Jimmy

Re: Perl bindings fix for 0.20

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 09:50:06PM +0100, Jimmy Jones wrote:
> Would someone mind reviewing QPID-4480, and if possible including in 0.20? Using the perl bindings, when sending a amqp/map containing a string containing a null, its truncated at the first null. I've attached a simple patch that fixes this. I can't find any workaround apart from the patch.

Hi, Jimmy. Thanks for the patch! Would you mind providing a test to
exhibit the problem that we can use to verify the patch? I'm planning to
introduce some test suites for the Perl bindings and would love a way to
verify this fix.

If you can make it so that the test can be run with and without the
patch, failing in the former case, I'll be glad to commit this patch.
Getting it into 0.20 is outside of my control, but will request it. :)

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/