Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> on 2007/09/01 07:22:26 UTC

maven site linkchecked

FYI: I have checked the current maven site with the sandbox linkchecker
and fixed all errors plus a couple of redirect warnings. Below is a list
of links that are still missing and I'm unsure what to do, if someone
could have a look. I have also commented out all links to the jetty home
page ( http://jetty.mortbay.org/ ), anyone knows what happened to this
or a replacement?

Cheers,
-Lukas

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/maven/?hideattic=0
in
http://maven.apache.org/background/history-of-maven.html

(must have been moved but I can't find where)

http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/maven-ant-tasks-2.0.7.jar.md5
in http://maven.apache.org/download.html

(md5 is missing for maven-ant-tasks-2.0.7)

http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-reporting/apidocs/ in
http://maven.apache.org/guides/index.html

(javadocs missing for maven-reporting)

all 5 links in http://maven.apache.org/release-schedules.html

(???)

Re: maven site linkchecked

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Lukas Theussl wrote:
> FYI: I have checked the current maven site with the sandbox linkchecker
> and fixed all errors plus a couple of redirect warnings.

Thanks Lukas!

Have you looked into creating a small Reporting Mojo for the linkchecker
yet?

> Below is a list
> of links that are still missing and I'm unsure what to do, if someone
> could have a look. I have also commented out all links to the jetty home
> page ( http://jetty.mortbay.org/ ), anyone knows what happened to this
> or a replacement?

This address seems to have the right content:
   http://jetty.mortbay.com/

I've asked on general@jakarta if anyone knows what happened to it.

> http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/maven-ant-tasks-2.0.7.jar.md5
> in http://maven.apache.org/download.html
>
> (md5 is missing for maven-ant-tasks-2.0.7)
>

> http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-reporting/apidocs/ in
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/index.html
>
> (javadocs missing for maven-reporting)

There are no published docs for 2.0.7. I tried to publish them, but I'm
currently stuck because javadoc fails. This is due to a site
restructuring at log4j. I have written a mail to log4j-users asking them
to add redirects for the old pages.

This is really very vulnerable. We have this URL in the maven parent
pom, which pretty much fails all builds that inherit from that parent:

   http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/

--
Dennis Lundberg