Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 17:56:11 UTC

Re: Forum administration: attachments limit

2013/2/28 Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>

> Hi Andrea,
>
> The attachment quota is accessible to any admin of the NL forum. I do see
> the field in my admin panel but have never tried to change it. If the NL
> admins can't change it then we need imacat for that.
>
> But I understand that all users are locked if the problem is with the
> quota. There is no limitation per user (except the standard limit of 3
> attachments per post, 128kB max for each).
>
> Hagar
>

> Le 28/02/2013 21:05, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :
>

>  It seems that http://forum.openoffice.org has limitations on the number
>> (or the aggregated size?) of attachments that a user can upload.
>>
>> Some quite active volunteers on the Italian forum have hit that limit and
>> are now deleting old attachments to be able to upload new ones. Of course,
>> this is a wrong solution.
>>
>> Can these limitations be raised? Other advice? It is important that
>> volunteers can continue to upload attachments AND that old attachments are
>> not removed, since they are often very useful.
>>
>> Discussion (Italian): http://forum.openoffice.org/**
>> it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=**4003<http://forum.openoffice.org/it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4003>
>>
>> Regards,
>>    Andrea.

Today we hit the problem of attachment limit on the ES forums too: all of a
sudden it was not possible to attach any file because the forum reached the
limit. I cleaned the orphan attachments but it was not enough so I raised
the limit from 100 MiB to 150 MiB... but this is not a solution, just a
delayed problem!

>From a "server point of view", which is a limit that can be considered as
"reasonable"? I prefer to not delete old attachments, but that option is
something to consider too...

BTW, which is the attachment limit set on EN forums?

Regards
Ricardo

Re: Forum administration: attachments limit

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/5/20 janI <ja...@apache.org>

> On 20 May 2013 17:56, RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2013/2/28 Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>
> >
> > > Hi Andrea,
> > >
> > > The attachment quota is accessible to any admin of the NL forum. I do
> see
> > > the field in my admin panel but have never tried to change it. If the
> NL
> > > admins can't change it then we need imacat for that.
> > >
> > > But I understand that all users are locked if the problem is with the
> > > quota. There is no limitation per user (except the standard limit of 3
> > > attachments per post, 128kB max for each).
> > >
> > > Hagar
> > >

> > > Le 28/02/2013 21:05, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :
> > >

> > >  It seems that http://forum.openoffice.org has limitations on the
> number

> > and
> > course,

> > are

> > http://forum.openoffice.org/it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4003>

> > Today we hit the problem of attachment limit on the ES forums too: all
> of a
> > sudden it was not possible to attach any file because the forum reached
> the
> > limit. I cleaned the orphan attachments but it was not enough so I raised
> > the limit from 100 MiB to 150 MiB... but this is not a solution, just a
> > delayed problem!
> >
> > From a "server point of view", which is a limit that can be considered as
> > "reasonable"? I prefer to not delete old attachments, but that option is
> > something to consider too...
> >
> > BTW, which is the attachment limit set on EN forums?
> >

> to be sure I just checked the disk capacity
>
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sda1             19222656   9032384   9213736  50% /
> none                   1023792       176   1023616   1% /dev
> none                   1028652         0   1028652   0% /dev/shm
> none                   1028652        52   1028600   1% /var/run
> none                   1028652         0   1028652   0% /var/lock
> none                   1028652         0   1028652   0% /lib/init/rw
> none                  19222656   9032384   9213736  50%
> /var/lib/ureadahead/debugfs
> /dev/mapper/ooo--forums--data--lvgroup-ooo--forums--data
>                       15481840   8158656   6536752  56% /x1
>
> Plenty of capacity, there also no quota limit on users at OS level, so this
> is a pure forum problem.

Perfect! Thanks!

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Le 20/05/2013 17:56, RGB ES a écrit :

>  From a "server point of view", which is a limit that can be considered as
> "reasonable"? I prefer to not delete old attachments, but that option is
> something to consider too...
>
> BTW, which is the attachment limit set on EN forums?

On EN forum, limit is set to 700MB. I htink it has been changed rather recently (not by me) because I remember having seen 500MB not that long ago.
Total sized used for the moment is 519MB

Hagar