Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/25 13:22:21 UTC

Problem with column name and Hive 0.5.0

Hey guys,

It looks like Hive 0.5.0 is not working with our existing table definitions
that have a column named "first".

When we try to reference this column or create a new table with this column,
Hive fails and says that there is a missing column identifier.

I think that Hive 0.5.0 may now have "first" as a reserved keyword of some
sort?

Is there a way to get around this? Would really like to keep this column
name if at all possible?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Problem with column name and Hive 0.5.0

Posted by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! That allows me to change the column.

Ryan

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.