Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2002/11/21 17:29:50 UTC

Re: How Can I Install ModPerl on My ISP-based Website???

David Simcik wrote:
> I would LOVE to use mod_perl on my personal website -- I have the diskspace
> to do so, but the question remains as to whether or not I have the rights.

The rights to do what?

> Can anyone point me to a guide for this? I've poked around the mod_perl site
> and didn't find anything too specific.

My guess would be:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/multiuser/multiuser.html

Re: How Can I Install ModPerl on My ISP-based Website???

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
David Simcik wrote:
> Thanks for the link...
>
> So basically, according to the link listed below, there IS NO good way to
> install modperl for just a local user account (I can't work some .htaccess
> magic,etc.?)? I guess that would make sense -- seems like modperl is tightly
> bound with the apache installation (one of dem dere apache modules I take
> it). The memory/resource issues mentioned on that page facing ISPs seem a
> bit justified as well. Sigh.

You will probably need to have an installation per user if security is
an issue. Various possible solutions are discussed in that doc.

mod_perl 2.0 with perchild mpm should resolve the ownership problem,
partially similar to what suexec does.