Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shanmugavel SRD <sr...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/06 17:37:38 UTC

schema.xml in other than conf folder

I want to place the schema.xml in a place other than conf folder. Is it
possible?
This is as part of master and slave configuration. I want to place all the
files which will be common between master and slave in a particular
location.
Can anyone help me on this?

Re: schema.xml in other than conf folder

Posted by Shanmugavel SRD <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  These two links helped me to solve the problem.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#enable.2BAC8-disable_master.2BAC8-slave_in_a_node
Thanks,
SRD

Re: schema.xml in other than conf folder

Posted by Shanmugavel SRD <sr...@gmail.com>.
Chris,
   Our solr conf folder is in read-only file system. But the data directory
(index) is not in read-only file system. As per our production environment
guidelines, the configuration files should be in read-only file system.
Thanks,
SRD

Re: schema.xml in other than conf folder

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:   Thanks for your response. Our production environment is a read only file
: system. It is not allowing to modify or create new files under conf folder
: at runtime. So copy config through replication is not working for us.

if your entire production server is read only, where do you keep your
indexes? how do you update them?

more specificly: if your conf directory is read only, what directory do
you *want* to keep you schema.xml in that you cna write to?  why not put
your conf directory there?

In general: schema.xml and solrconfig.xml can be loaded from the classpath
as well as from the conf dir (at least: they use to be, but with a lot of
the Solr Cloud stuff i'm not 100% certain that's still true)

-Hoss

Re: schema.xml in other than conf folder

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Why do you want to do this? What is the use case? There is already a
provision
for copying modified slave configurations from the master and renaming it in
the
process, would that suffice?

Best
Erick