Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2013/09/17 16:44:54 UTC

[allura:tickets] #6057 Adding an external link should be one step, not two

We also need to validate the URL.  If it doesn't have http:// on it, then it becomes a relative redirect and goes into an infinite redirect loop.

---

** [tickets:#6057] Adding an external link should be one step, not two**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** ux
**Created:** Fri Apr 05, 2013 02:18 PM UTC by Rich Bowen
**Last Updated:** Fri Apr 05, 2013 07:53 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

The process of adding a link (described at http://sourceforge.net/blog/linking-to-resources-hosted-elsewhere/) is unintuitive. I have to add the tool, with a label and mount point, and then I have to scroll down, click "Options" on the tool, and set the link address. This is unintuitive, particularly given that the first dialog says "link" in the Mount Point entry field, implying that I should put the link (URL) there.

Can we make this one step instead of two?

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/