Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/10 16:21:22 UTC

HDFS file to local unix system

Hi Users,

Is it possible from HDFS file to local unix system, is there any command?
as anyone knows please reply.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

RE: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by sathyavageeswaran <sa...@morisonmenon.com>.
unsubscribe

Posted by sathyavageeswaran <sa...@morisonmenon.com>.
unsubscribe

<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
  Yes you can copy data from hdfs to linux box
hadoop fs -copyToLocal <hdfs path> <linux path>

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you getting my replies?? I am getting post master failure
everytime I reply to this thread.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Sorry, I didn't get the question.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Mohammad Tariq
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM, prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi Users,
>>>
>>> Is it possible from HDFS file to local unix system, is there any
command? as
>>> anyone knows please reply.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Prabhu.

sandeep

  _____

RE: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by sathyavageeswaran <sa...@morisonmenon.com>.
unsubscribe

<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
  Yes you can copy data from hdfs to linux box
hadoop fs -copyToLocal <hdfs path> <linux path>

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you getting my replies?? I am getting post master failure
everytime I reply to this thread.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Sorry, I didn't get the question.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Mohammad Tariq
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM, prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi Users,
>>>
>>> Is it possible from HDFS file to local unix system, is there any
command? as
>>> anyone knows please reply.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Prabhu.

sandeep

  _____

RE: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by sathyavageeswaran <sa...@morisonmenon.com>.
unsubscribe

<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
  Yes you can copy data from hdfs to linux box
hadoop fs -copyToLocal <hdfs path> <linux path>

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you getting my replies?? I am getting post master failure
everytime I reply to this thread.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Sorry, I didn't get the question.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Mohammad Tariq
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM, prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi Users,
>>>
>>> Is it possible from HDFS file to local unix system, is there any
command? as
>>> anyone knows please reply.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Prabhu.

sandeep

  _____

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it's working, thanks a lot.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
An additional answer to your question : you can also use the web interface
in order to download a file.

More generally, you can read the manual.

Type 'hadoop', and you will get a broad topic lists of commands.

Type 'hadoop fs' and you will get all commands related to the filesystem.

Regards

Bertrand

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Sandeep Reddy P <

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it's working, thanks a lot.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
You can also use "get" for that. Example :
bin/hadoop fs -get /mapin/demo.txt  /home/mohammad

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it's working, thanks a lot.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it's working, thanks a lot.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by Sandeep Reddy P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  Yes you can copy data from hdfs to linux box
hadoop fs -copyToLocal <hdfs path> <linux path>

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you getting my replies?? I am getting post master failure
> everytime I reply to this thread.
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??
> >
> > Regards,
> >     Mohammad Tariq
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Sorry, I didn't get the question.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>     Mohammad Tariq

> command? as

sandeep

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by Sandeep Reddy P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  Yes you can copy data from hdfs to linux box
hadoop fs -copyToLocal <hdfs path> <linux path>

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you getting my replies?? I am getting post master failure
> everytime I reply to this thread.
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??
> >
> > Regards,
> >     Mohammad Tariq
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Sorry, I didn't get the question.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>     Mohammad Tariq

> command? as

sandeep

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by Sandeep Reddy P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  Yes you can copy data from hdfs to linux box
hadoop fs -copyToLocal <hdfs path> <linux path>

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you getting my replies?? I am getting post master failure
> everytime I reply to this thread.
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??
> >
> > Regards,
> >     Mohammad Tariq
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Sorry, I didn't get the question.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>     Mohammad Tariq

> command? as

sandeep

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by Sandeep Reddy P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  Yes you can copy data from hdfs to linux box
hadoop fs -copyToLocal <hdfs path> <linux path>

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you getting my replies?? I am getting post master failure
> everytime I reply to this thread.
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??
> >
> > Regards,
> >     Mohammad Tariq
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Sorry, I didn't get the question.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>     Mohammad Tariq

> command? as

sandeep

Re: HDFS file to local unix system

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohammad,

I have a file in HDFS, that file i need that file transfer to my local unix
box. it is possible?

Thanks,
Prabhu

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.