Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2005/07/22 01:50:45 UTC

Re[2]: Procmail for site wide usage

Hello Mark,

Thursday, July 21, 2005, 9:49:04 AM, you wrote:

MW> ... The issue is how I get procmail to put SPAM mail in
MW> $HOME/mail/spam for each of the users.

Can't help with that question, since I know nothing about procmail,
but...

Why not use POP?  I see two options:

1) Don't reroute the spam. Set up the Outlook system to filter the
spam into a spam folder on the client machine. Those downloads should
not significantly delay real email, and your users will be able to
review and delete them at their convenience. Benefit: If any FPs sneak
through, they're already in the user's email client, and can easily be
moved back to the inbox.

2) Set up two email accounts per user, Bob@yourdomain.tld and
Bob.spam@yourdomain.tld -- normal email activity deals with the
primary email account. Every so often your user can do a Send/Receive
on "all accounts" or just the spam account to retrieve and review the
spam.

Bob Menschel