Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Avner Ben Hanoch <av...@mellanox.com> on 2012/03/29 12:25:34 UTC

expected release dates for future releases

Hi,

Is it possible to know the expected release date (at lease estimation) for next releases:

*         1.0.2

*         1.1

*         2.0

Also, what is the "last date", in case I want to submit code for the above releases?

Thanks,
  Avner
--
Avner BenHanoch | Sr Sw Engineer | App Acceleration | Mellanox | +972-(74)7129409

Re: expected release dates for future releases

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Avner,

I'm currently thinking along the lines of making a hadoop-2.0.0 release in the next couple of weeks based on community feedback on it's readiness, blockers etc.

We don't really think of it as a 'last date', you can always get your work reviewed/committed to branch-1 or branch-2 and it will be picked up into a release.

More details here: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Roadmap.

We do expect 'new features' to make it to trunk before we can commit to either branch-1 or branch-2.

hth,
Arun

On Mar 29, 2012, at 3:25 AM, Avner Ben Hanoch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to know the expected release date (at lease estimation) for next releases:
>
> *         1.0.2
>
> *         1.1
>
> *         2.0
>
> Also, what is the "last date", in case I want to submit code for the above releases?
>
> Thanks,
>  Avner
> --
> Avner BenHanoch | Sr Sw Engineer | App Acceleration | Mellanox | +972-(74)7129409

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.