Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lachlan Hope MacKinven <la...@neomod.net> on 2001/09/16 09:30:57 UTC

Tomcat loading only default page?

Hello All,
This is my first post to the list - My name is Lachlan, I run a web dev
company in New Zealand and I'm pretty much a newbie with the server/backend
stuff=) still keen nonetheless.

I have a problem.
We're running tomcat [with a MySQL database] which seems to run perfectly
but in some situations people viewing our sites get only the default tomcat
page?
It acts as if there is no website there at all- giving the page you get when
you've just installed tomcat.

One of the sites we have running is:
http://muka.co.nz/

It always works within the internal network but the client we developed the
site for only sees the tomcat page [over a dialup connection] other people
have been able to view the site from outside the internal network [they may
have been using adsl or another type of connection- tho I'm sceptical as to
how this would make a difference?]

Any feedback would be great- even just to find out if anyone else can see
the site.

Thx
Lachlan

http://www.NeoMOD.net