Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by suhaas <su...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/08 19:58:25 UTC

File upload with inputFileUpload component hangs

Hi all,

I am getting the following error when I am trying to upload a csv file (size
572 K) using IE7:

Failure of server APACHE bridge:
No Backend Sever available for connections": timed out after 10 seconds or
idempotent is set to off

I looked at the Weblogic 10 threads info on console and everything seems ok
(no deadlocks etc)

When I run the application using the same war archive, Tomcat too gives the
same problem. It just blocks on upload operation and does not do anything
for 15-20 minutes.

I do not have this problem for smaller file sizes like 70K.

Is this a Timeout issue? If yes, where do I set a parameter and how do I
determine the value of the timeout to be set

Please help me.

Regards,

Suhaas

Re: File upload with inputFileUpload component hangs

Posted by suhaas <su...@gmail.com>.
Of Course, I did. Here are the entries in web.xml Parameter maxFileSize is
set to 20m - 20MB that far exceed 500K or .5 MB

    <filter>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
            <param-value>20m</param-value>
            <!--<description>
    			Set the size limit for uploaded files. Format: 10 - 10
    			bytes 10k - 10 KB 10m - 10 MB 1g - 1 GB
    		</description>-->
        </init-param>
    </filter>
	    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>