Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/09/20 14:36:59 UTC

RE: Apache Tomcat and IP address

Tip: don't post live IP addresses to a public mailing list, especially if
you are asking setup questions, as that indicates to others that the box may
be be exploitable.

That IP address is unreachable, so my guess is the first thing you will need
to do is configure a firewall to allow access to that IP address somehow.
That isn't a topic for this list.

My advice is to get a domain name and equate that domain name to an IP
address, it will make things much easier, especially if that IP address
changes in the future.  Also not a topic for the list.

At a minimum, you'll need to change "defaultHost" in your Engine element,
and "name" in your Host element in server.xml to be equal to the IP address
or domain name that you choose.

John