Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by PacoPeralta <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2011/07/03 19:17:55 UTC

UIMA without API key

Hi.
I would like to know if there is ths possibility of executing UIMA
components inside Solr without to configure Alchemy APi key and Calais API
key to avoid tje internet connection.

Thanks Best Regards

pacoperalta@hotmail.com

Re: UIMA without API key

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
No, sorry maybe my explanation was just too abstract.
What I was suggesting is an alternative way of extracting language based on
stopwords dictionaries (using one DictionaryAnnotator instance for each
language) and a custom Annotator to evaluate which dictionary collected more
hits.
In general extracting language with UIMA without having an internet
connection can be done in various ways, if you need help on this however it
may be better asking about it on UIMA mailing list ( dev@uima.apache.org ).
Another option for language identification task which does not use UIMA but
exploits Tika capabilities is being discussed/developed on
Hope this helps,
Tommaso

Re: UIMA without API key

Re: UIMA without API key

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Right, with the approach described above you don't need internet connection
nor API keys.

Re: UIMA without API key

Re: UIMA without API key

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Of course you can.
For example you could use the Solr stopwords.txt or a new stopwords
dictionary file for each language along with DicitonaryAnnotator then
identify which dictionary generated more hits.
Regards,
Tommaso

Re: UIMA without API key

Re: UIMA without API key

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hello Paco,
you can just disable the AlchemyAPI/OpenCalais analysis engines executed in
the aggregate analysis engine you are using, so if you're using
OverridingParamsExtServicesAE.xml [1] you can just comment the lines

flowConstraints>
<fixedFlow>
<node>
 AggregateSentenceAE