Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Vimaljebaraj Gnanarajnelson , Tidel Park - Chennai" <Vi...@msdc.hcltech.com> on 2004/01/06 16:00:28 UTC

Calendar control in Struts???

Hi,

I am looking for calendar control in struts, though there are few of those
in js, i am trying for a page without any javascripts, so if anyone knows
how a calendar control can be implemented using struts(/any taglibs
available) without calling any javascripts let me know it.

Thnx,
vimal

RE: Calendar control in Struts???

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Without javascript your choices are quite limited.

Your best bet is to just have a text entry box and a visible hint to the
user of the appropriate format to enter the date and reject invalid input.
(In fact if your UI has a lot of data entry to do this is the friendliest
choice for 'power' users...)

Another potential choice is to have 3 select fields for day month and year.
(You will of course need to validate that they dont choose things like 31
Feb etc...).

Not much you can do beyond that without using javascript though.

The lack of proper Numeric and Date fields is very much a glaring ommission
in html. (Esp numeric fields!). Fingers crossed that xforms will catch on!
<sigh/>