Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by k-team <kt...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/11 14:21:15 UTC

proxy

Hi all,
I'm testing nutch on my PC, and need to get through a proxy to crawls pages.
I've tried to set the "http.proxy.host" property like this:
user:password@proxyIP
but I get this error message:
fetch of http://www.host.com/ failed with:
net.nutch.protocol.http.HttpException: java.net.UnknownHostException:
user:password@proxyIP

How can I set my proxy with user/pwd? Is it possible?

thanks,
Kteam

Re: proxy

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
As far as I remember in current implementation it is not possible to
fetch through a proxy that requires authorization. But Andrzej Bialecki
is working on httpclient based implementation right now and as
httpclient allows one to use proxy with authorization it should be no
problem to do so in nutch.
You can check current status of httpclient based patch by  looking for
thread: "Update: HTTPClient for protocol-http and protocol-https".
You can even try the patch yourself.
Regards
Piotr