Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/24 04:15:13 UTC

Catalog Questions

I'm trying to set up a catalog for a printing business.

The goal is to have a drill-down selection process - the customer first selects the paper type (recycled or not). Based on that selection, they get the next level of possibilities: glossy or matte, for example. There are some more levels of drill-down until we get to the point that we can identify a unique SKU for the paper order.

Question - how do I do this?

-Adrian

Re: Catalog Questions

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Only if they're actually building or configuring a product, otherwise it's just navigating to a specific product.

For a demo example:
- I select Widgets
- My options are now: Large Widgets or Small Widgets
- I select Small Widgets
- My options are now Other Mini Widgets or Mini Widgets en

For price you could just display the lowest product price available in the currently selected section of the catalog.

Your other option would probably be a Virtual with a ton of Variants.

Regards
Scott

Re: Catalog Questions

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.