Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raymond Lee <ra...@abaca.com.hk> on 2001/11/16 08:43:14 UTC

Thread pool problem in Tomcat 3.3 in Windows NT 4.0

Hi,

I have used Tomcat 3.3 with Apache 1.3.12 as my development servlet engine and
I have a query about thread pool of Ajp13Connector in Tomcat 3.3.

I define the following setting in server.xml and I expect there should be at least 100
threads created in startup of tomcat 3.3.

<Ajp13Connector address="127.0.0.1"
			port="8009"
	 		maxThreads="500"
			maxSpareThreads="200"
			minSpareThreads="100"
			pools="true"	/>

However, I found there are only 25 threads instead of 100 threads created in the java virtual
machine used by Tomcat 3.3.  I browsed so many documents about Tomcat 3.3 and even
many forums but I was unable to find any relevent information about this problem.

In Tomcat 3.2, the way to define thread pool is different from that of Tomcat 3.3.

Is the following setting valid in Tomcat 3.3?

Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler" value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
	      <Parameter name="max_threads" value="150"/>
            <Parameter name="max_spare_threads" value="100"/>
            <Parameter name="min_spare_threads" value="50"/>
        </Connector>

This setting can make the java virtual machine to create at least 50 threads. (I confirmed this with Task
Manager)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Raymond Lee