Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/06/12 22:36:13 UTC

mirrors not deleting old files

mirrors are not properly deleting files that have been removed from taz.
It would probably be a good idea to make that work right.  Agreed?

Re: mirrors not deleting old files

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> mirrors are not properly deleting files that have been removed from taz.
> It would probably be a good idea to make that work right.  Agreed?

Yes.  A "mirror-auditing" tool which scans web & ftp mirrors for
compliance is needed.  Anyone have some spare cycles?  I can belt out
a spec for it...

	Brian

Re: mirrors not deleting old files

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Most mirrors have a threshold check that says "well, gee, I'm supposed to
delete far more files than I just downloaded... maybe something is wrong,
I won't delete them."  That's what my mirror told me today.  I will go
delete Old by hand.  I'm sure other admins will too, give it a few days.

Dean