Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Godrej <ja...@yahoo.in> on 2010/08/18 18:41:04 UTC

[users@httpd] how to needed for apache

I am looking for some good how to's if maintained by Apache foundation.
Some time ago I was told that the documents here are just technical references.
Can any one tell who maintains how to's for Apache.

Re: [users@httpd] how to needed for apache

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>.
James Godrej wrote:
> I am looking for some good how to's if maintained by Apache foundation.
> Some time ago I was told that the documents here are just technical references.
> Can any one tell who maintains how to's for Apache.

The documentation for the HTTP server, and all other Apache Software
Foundation projects are complete documentation, not just technical
references.

The different modules for the httpd project each supply their own
documentation as well.

So whoever told you that he ASF only has technical references was sadly
misinformed.

Jaqui

Re: [users@httpd] how to needed for apache

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Also note, there are dozens of books on Apache httpd, several of them neatly
updated for httpd version 2.2 - check them out.  Several were written by
httpd contributors themselves (see http://httpd.apache.org/contributors/ if
you want to compare your book list to the actual httpd authors).

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com