Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vaibhav Jain <va...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2018/08/21 09:12:39 UTC

GST rates on the basis of product price or price range

Hello all,

*Business case:*
Goods and Service Tax is India allow to apply different tax rates on
the same product/product category on the basis of product
price(transactional value).

*Problem: In fetching data for a specific price range*

   - In OFBiz the *TaxAuthorityRateProduct* entity is used to define the
   tax rates for any product category.
   - *TaxAuthorityRateProduct*.*minItemPrice* can be used to manage
   different tax rates on the basis of the product price but it is difficult
   to fetch the data on the basis of a specific price range using single
   column(minItemPrice)

Vaibhav Jain
Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems
m: 782-834-1900 e: vaibhav.jain@hotwaxsystems.com

Re: GST rates on the basis of product price or price range

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
I have now one question, weather you would like to model the min item price
and max item price. Or you are unable to fetch the data of product of
specific price range.
My answer intended to resolve the second problem which is fetching the
data. Also the HSN code is one categorization of products, but it might be
further categorized on the basis of price. Extending the entity should be
the last option to go with when we have alternate ways to handle, this also
means I'm not against the extending entity but it should be last option to
go with.

We can talk on more insights of problem you are facing.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com