Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Volker <sa...@pflaum.info> on 2006/10/02 22:31:24 UTC

SpamAssassin-3.1.5 often spamd child process consuming 99%CPU

Hello,

since the owner of that list does not reply to any mails looking for
help ( I have been registred here for several years under
Volker/sa@trendsetter.de, but my postings do not appear here anymore) I
had to set up a new account.

Following problem:

I am running SpamAssassin-3.1.5 under FreeBSD 5.4 with procmail and
spamd daemon.

2 weeks ago I updated SpamAssassin to the current 3.1.5 version.
Meanwhile very often the TOP command does show up  "spamd child
(perl5.8.8)-processes" consuming nearly 90% CPU time what results in a
bottle neck for the other processes i.e. my apache and mysql server.

I disabled razor2 and DCC in my local.cf meanhwile because I thought the
problem could derive from internet connections not timing out but the
phenomen still exists.

Those 90%-consuming spam child processed did not show up under my older
spamassassin 3.1.2.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here and how I can solve that
problem?

Thanks and best regards

Volker